UC1: Public Administration (SI-MPA)
SI-MPA aimed for the transition to agile information system delivery with enhanced security, streamlined DevOps, optimized Infrastructure as Code deployment, isolated testing environments, and continuous security verification.
With PIACERE it estimates to Reduce VM creation and configuration time, enhance security in design and runtime, cut costs and consumption, and foster increased automation, methodologies, and mindset.
- Use an IaC approach generally with all new IS deployments throughout the life cycle
- Increase the number of automated activities
- Increase the quality, efficiency, performance of the deployed IaC code
- Propose the most optimized deployment configuration of the infrastructural code
- Identification of potential vulnerabilities before the code is actually deployed
- Keeping a higher level of compliance with the security requirements
- Short delivery times and less human resources for deploying, maintaining and managing information systems
- Keeping at the same time a higher level of compliance with the security requirements
- Reduce the cost of deploying IT solutions on various infrastructure platforms
- Reduced management overhead
- Stable and consistent environment for faster iterations
- Recognize violations of defined security policies and eliminate threats
UC2: Smart Logistics (PRODEVELOP)
PRODEVELOP aimed to automate Infrastructure as Code deployments for infrastructure independence, ensure secure virtualized environments, achieve flexible hybrid application deployment, and optimize platform performance while prioritizing safety, reproducibility, and compliance with customer-defined requirements.
With PIACERE it estimates to efficiently reduce infrastructure migration time between cloud providers, expedite IaC malfunction detection, and streamline the overall IaC cycle completion for developers.
- Use a generic modelling language that facilitate the devs team the development reducing the time.
- Apply security by design approach in our company to improve our products capabilities.
- Increase the capacity for early detection of problems, thus improving the performance of the infrastructure.
- Fine-tune the size of infrastructure resources to increase product competitiveness.
- Detect potential vulnerabilities before code goes to final deployment
- Increase the level of customer satisfaction due to compliance with non-functional customer requirements by security test verification
- Reduce the server requirements in new developments, being more competitive due to Capital Expenditures reduction to our customers.
- Reach more potential customers that have not interest in the core IIoT technology but in specific applications or they already have an IIoT solution but decide to substitute or integrate with Posidonia
- Impact on internal operations in terms of more flexible deployments and less infrastructure dependencies
- Reduction of infrastructure migration time and better adjust the cost of infrastructures
- Improvements in the testing phase of the infrastructure by testing it under real conditions
- Achieve greater customer satisfaction by ensuring QoS
UC3: 5G Telecom (ERICSSON)
ERICSSON expeted to shift from manual to automated design and deployment, enhance automated security inspection for internal/external components, implement Infrastructure as Code modeling/deployment/configuration in a multi-cloud environment, optimize Virtual Infrastructure based on specified requirements, and conduct pre-deployment testing with a focus on security in realistic scenarios.
With the help of PIACERE, ERICSSON estimates to streamline deployment for non-expert technicians using Terraform, enhance security inspection coverage at design time, expedite migration from OpenStack to AWS, minimize application scalability requirements, optimize costs through resource simulation and Canary environment testing, and diminish end-user security vulnerabilities.
- To use a high level DOML language for modelling the application infrastructure that is able to take into account non-functional requirements.
- Extend Security by design approach
- To improve the capacity to validate at a very early stage the correctness of the platform and infrastructure deployment
- Suggest a right-size for a “green” deployment
- Perform validation of the IaC at a very early stage in the lab
- Integrated and flexible set of security tests
- To adopt automated tools able to speed up the Infrastructure deployment for applications running in distributed environment independent from adopted IaC framework.
- To facilitate the transition from the DevOps to the DevSecOps approach.
- To reduce re-design when supporting different multiple infrastructure, reducing time and costs.
- Avoid resize of VMs that can be a complex procedure and that might generate availability impacts on the services
- Avoid rework on the definition of the IaC
- Provide a secure deployment of the IaC