The Slovenian Ministry of Public Administration (SI-MPA)
This validation scenario will solve the following issues:
• repeatability of the deployment and configuration process for the PA information systems is insufficient and tailored just to single IS deployment,
• the need of many ISs for heterogeneous environment with high requirements for confidentiality, integrity and availability increases the difficulty of their provisioning and configuration,
• lack of standardized solutions resulting in an increase of the total costs of ownership (TCO),
• poorly prepared deployment documentation,
• lack of skilled employees, lack of appropriate training on the market,
• time consuming activities, unacceptable to customers from the state administration,
• high cost of consulting, with some niche players on the market, unable to provide DevOps practices to agile achievement of business goals, etc.
Application where PIACERE will be used:
The toolset will be tested on deploying the new information system NIO – National Interoperability Framework Portal system. The NIO is the national web access point for publishing interoperable solutions and products of the public sector. The portal represents the basic publishing tool, keeping up with updates and using different interoperable solutions (technical, semantic, organizational, legal).
It allows more transparent publishing of interoperable solutions and exporting of published solutions in standard formats (using standards ADMS, DCAT).
Expected benefits/ improvements using PIACERE tools:
• move from traditional to agile way of delivering information systems, with short delivery times and less human resources for deploying, maintaining and managing information systems,
• be able to reduce the cost of deploying IT solutions on various infrastructure platforms,
• accurately document through models and IaC the main aspects of the deployment process, thus improving compliance with the requirements from IT management standards, guidelines and good practices,
• improve the level of information security, as the results of human factor errors, and increase the number of automated activities, keeping at the same time a higher level of compliance with the security requirements, redefine the core process of delivering information solutions on the DRO infrastructure and increase the qualifications and competences of IT personnel.